So, if you don’t know me well, you may not know that I’m a girl that likes a plan. Detail-oriented is a slight understatement. I like to see the road in front of me. Don’t know why, that’s just how it is. Because of this, lists are my best friend- everything written out, able to be put into chronological order of importance, and crossed out. Gosh, I sound like a delight.
The point is, I’ve been feeling a bit disorganized with ye olde blogge and figured the best way to get my head screwed on straight was to write a big ole post with pictures of the whole dang apartment and a list in each room of projects I’d like to complete. My fave blog, Young House Love, used to do this and I loved it. I hope you do, too!
Disclosure: These are quick and dirty photos of what the apartment looks like now. I did a bit of tidying up for photos, but nothing beyond that. This is just what the place looks like (eh…maybe what the place would look like if people were coming over.) I plan to do a more in depth home tour with extra photos of each room and a source list. Without further ado, I present The Whole Enchilada: The Rosedale Apartment Checklist.
A place where Matt studies how to play video games.
Hang curtains Find a side table
- Carve out a workspace (small desk + storage for me)
- Hang art/decor
- Find a rug?
- Recover or find new throw pillows
- Different curtains for the window/entry (would be nice to have curtains on a tension rod for privacy for guests
- Sell bookshelves/purchase new (smaller) TV stand
It is a space where we enter.
Hang art Hang mail drop/hooks
- Find a runner
- Add a small entry table/shoe drop
- Spray paint or find new hardware for cabinet
- Improve the bar situaish
- Fun treatment for the mail drop wall
The Living Room
Things have actually happened in here!
Find new (to us) couch (just realized I never posted about this!) Find new (to us) rug (ditto above!) Find new (to us) credenza Pick up some basics from Ikea to round out the space (plants, hanging light) Hang picture ledge, art Mount TV
- Paint art wall
- Hang…more art? 🙂
- Pick up a very small side table for the couch (currently using an old one from Ikea that’s just wedged in there sideways because it’s just such a small space)
Nothing really happening here, but pictures are fun!
Find barstools Add art
- For God’s sake, buy new knives (not decor related, but I’m struggling for bullet points here.)
- No real decor changes in here!
If I have trouble sleeping in here, it’s because I can’t stop thinking about how to decorate it.
Update bedding (Be sure to buy mostly white/light-colored bedding so your dog’s black hair shows up everywhere. Check!) Create a wall hanging for over the bed Buy mirrors for above the nightstands Find vintage nightstands and refurbish them (post is coming on these!)
- Move Cosmico art/find new art for that wall
- Replace your dresser from high school that your dog teethed on as a puppy. He chewed the little knobs off. YEESH.
- Hang art above/style new dresser.
- Recover headboard with a lighter fabric.
There’s no particular rhyme or reason on how I plan to tackle these projects- it will likely depend on when I’m in the mood to be crafty/if I come across the right piece of art/whenever I get the urge to go through the Ikea process, etc.
Things that are easy and have high impact, like recovering the headboard, will likely get done sooner. Things like painting the wall behind the picture ledge/tv-mounted wall will get done later because it’s hard and it took as eight hours to hang that wall. After all the hanging was done, I told Matt I wanted to paint that wall and he was like “asphinctersaysWHAT?” and I was like “What?” and then we fell into an exhausted heap of dust on the ground because mounting a tv is hard work, guys.
What do yall think? Are lists soothing to you or stressful? If they are stressful, I’m sorry for what I just put you through.